Friday, April 4, 2008

Thousands of dollars to dance the night awayy? Crazzzyyy

So I'm on a hunt for a dj. I have a list and I'm slowly making my way down it and calling everyone to find out prices and options. I seriously have to find every dj around my area and call each and everyone of them (which is like twenty), just like I was with the photographers. I'm always scared I'm going to miss out on a great deal or something ha.

I think I've underbudgeted for dj's though, I figured right around five hundred dollars for about five hours of play time. The closest I've found so far was $600 but I've had dj's that have gone up all the way to $1200. Thats a lot of money to have someone play songs for you! Good thing I still have half of the list to get ahold of!

I still have some major decisions to make though, my ceremony and reception are going to be at the same place and both are going to be outside, just different areas. So I'm not sure if I should have the dj play during the ceremony as well or if I should hire a pianoist or violinist or something. I think having a dj playing during the ceremony would look terrible (even though they'd be playing the same music its supposed to be a elegant thing and there will be a dj rockin out..ha) but I'm not sure how expensive it would be to hire someone else. Hmmm...decisions decisions.

No comments: