Monday, April 7, 2008

Decorations

So I've been looking around for decorations and accessories I'm going to want at the ceremony and reception. I'm having the ceremony outside and I know I want those white folding wooden chairs. I think that will look so pretty, especially compared to metal black ones or something. ha I'm having another knottie make me a custom aisle runner as well so I'll have that which I plan on lining with flower petals and then I plan on putting some sort of flower arrangement on the side of the chairs that are facing the aisle as well. The custom monogram the knottie is making for me to go on the aisle runner will also be attatches to the unity candle too (I love custom things ha) I definitley also plan on having those wand bubbles, which I already have ordered and just started tying bows onto, and birdseed in tulle that I want people to blow and throw after we get married. Other than that I haven't decided to much for the ceremony.

For the reception I know I want to order those straws that have the extra long flex neck so you can tie them into love knots, I know its nothing huge but its cute. I also plan on ordering customized napkins as well from the same monogram that I'm going to use on the aisle runner and unity candle. I've been shopping around for napkins and places that will print them for me but so far theres not to many choices, and I love choices. I also plan on having sparklers that my guests can light as we're getting ready to leave the reception. I've seen pictures of this before and think its BEAUTIFUL :) Although I've been checking around for sparklers and they're actually quite expensive. What do you expect though when you dont' want them to be red and blue like the ones around the 4th of July. ha I've also found some candles I like that I plan on putting somewhere. The first ones I've found were molded into the shape of cakes and I plan on putting them probably somewhere around the cake. The other ones are four seperate hearts, each that say a letter l-o-v-e and they're really cute to, although I'm not sure where I'll put them. Since I'm having the reception in a pavillion as well I plan on covering the posts with tulle and then putting some sort of flower piece in the middle of each one (I need to find a picture though, its sort of hard to imagine) and then stringing icicle lights all around the perimeter as well. I love lights, especially icicle ones :) Hopefully more ideas will come, I know I dont need to many things becuase I'll have a lot of flower arrangements and stuff but I just love decorating so I want to do more. I guess I'll just have to decide on everything else later though...hmm...

No comments: