Sunday, April 13, 2008

DJ Nel

So I had a list of about twenty dj's and after calling all of them, and actually talking to about fifteen of them I've decided on a dj! His name is Scott Nelson of Nelson Entertainment (also known as DJ Nel) and he seams perfect! His rates are $100 per hour. Which wasn't too bad of a price compared to some of the ones I talked too. He also only requires a $100 deposit which is perfect for our budget right now. He also can do the ceremony and reception, which I haven't decided if I want a dj at the ceremony but it seams like the cheaper choice. Plus if I have him at the ceremony I can choose what type of here comes the bride I want to walk down the aisle too, where as if I were to have a pianist I'd have to listen to every song in the ceremony off the piano. It would be more elegant if it was done that way but no variety. I kind of like the violin sound of here comes the bride too (I've been downloading different versons in limewire) so he would def. be able to do that. He also seamed to really know his stuff and he was definitley very easy to get along with. I'm very excited to work with him and I think he'll make everything perfect for us! I haven't been to a wedding where he's dj'd at before but my MOH was actually a MOH in another wedding and he was the dj for that wedding so I got to have a personal reference of how good he was plus I got to see the dvd of that wedding so I kind of got to hear what he was like! He seams knowledgable and has been dj'ing since he was like a sophmore in highschool (not professionally of course) but he comes with a lot of experiance. Another crazy ccoincidence is that he's also a funeral director, and he just so happened to be at the funeral of my grandfather like ten years ago. Weird huh? But he's sending the contract in the mail this week so I can send him a check back and get him OFFICIALLY boooked.

No comments: