Saturday, April 12, 2008

Bad Communication

I just FINALLY got an email response back from Julie at The Grande View and she didn't even get back to all the questions I had asked her! I had called her on the 1st of April and when I hadn't hearf from her on the 3rd I emailed her (she hasnt' returned my calls before but she always seams to write back to the emails) anyways, she finally just wrote back today and only half the questions were answered. And then in the email she's like I can answer the rest but you'll have to call me, and then she asked me to call her on the 1st of May. Thats like three weeks away and everytime I call her she NEVER answers or calls me back!
And what she did answer wasn't as great as news as I hopes. I asked about prices for menus, she couldn't answer that one, I asked if cake cutting and serving would be included in the price and only the cake cutting was included. Serving the cake was $1.50 per person. I think I'll serve the damn cake myself! ha Then she said the price also only included the silverware and plates. Linens are going to cost me an extra $1.75 per person. Its already $800 to rent the place for the day plus however much per person for food! Its getting to be quite expensive! This place is actually one of the most expensive I've looked into but its just like I HAVE to have it :) She also couldn't tell me how much extra it would cost to have the reception outside, and by outside I mean having it five feet from the building doors. Hopefully she doesn't try to rack me for that! The bar prices she gave me were fairly cheap though, she said between $2-$3.50 per person..she didnt' say though if that was per hour..or what though? I guess I should remember to ask that when I call her next. Good news is if theres not an event the night before we can get in as early as thursday night or friday night to start decorating and we just have to start 'winding down' around midnight on Saturday night. In the end I think everything will be okay though. I'll just have to wait to talk to her at the beginning of May to find out food rates and then I'll be ready to book!

No comments: