Sunday, April 13, 2008

Pocketfolds

I just ordered the paper for the pocketfolds of my pocketfold invitations. I'm making my own thanks to blogger heather from roadtotheaisle.blogspot.com. Her invites were absolutley gorgeous and she even provided step by step directions on how to make them.

I shopped around for paper from a couple different sites include simplypaperandenvelopes.com, anchorpaper.com, thepapermillstore.com and handmade-paper.com. I ordered samples from all of them to find the right color yellow, because I do NOT want anything to bright, I wanted something light and pastel. I ended up liking one from anchorpaper and one from simplypaperandenvelopes but it came down in the end to the price. Tom from anchorpaper told me it would only cost about $60 and that included shipping for 200 sheets of paper custom cut to 16 1/4 x 7whereas simplypaperandenvelopes told me with would cost right around $115. So I ended up ordering them from anchorpaper. I should have them sometime within the next couple of weeks! I decided to order these way in advance because I know its going to by time consuming with me at work and school from 6 am to 6 pm everyday of the week except Wednesday and Sunday I know I'm not going to want to work on them a lot so I figure I have a year to get them made, that should be enough time :)

I plan on ordering the paper for the inserts and the backing and stuff within the next couple months. I'm still deciding on colors and actually wanted to see a pocketfold in my yellow color made before I chose the other colors. I'm definitley excited to get started making them though. I guess I should probably make my save the dates first since they go out in four months ha. I dont think those will be hard though since I've already got an idea of how I want them set up. I need to start looking for photographers in my area to take our engagement photo as well so I can attatch those to the magnets for my save the dates.

No comments: