Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Just Starting

So I've just started planning the wedding. Its actually a lot harder then I'd thought it would be but definitley a lot of fun. I've chosen the colors of yellow, green and white which I think will be gorgeous!(Hence the colors of my blog) I was for sure on the yellow color, like a pastel, but I was a little iffy on the green. I just didn't really know what went with yellow. I liked blue, but blue and gold were my high school colors, so no. Then I liked the color orange, like a peach but I just wasn't sure. So then I chose green, and like a bright summery green to not like an olive or anything, although I like olive, but I'm having a summer wedding, so I figured it would be better if it was bright and fun.

On top of choosing colors I got to go home over spring break to look at actual sites where we could have the ceremony and reception and I think I've found the perfect place. Well, almost perfect.


I looked at TONS of venue sites while I was home from hotel ballrooms to country clubs to gardens. I ended up visiting a place called The Grande View. Its in Ellington, Ny and I've wanted to visit it since I saw the pictures on the internet. Its every bit as gorgeous in real life as it is on the internet. The gazebo, the pavilion, the pond, the other wooden thingy...it was all just perfect. The only bad part is, like everyone from around the area should know, is that there are farms everywhere, and there just so happens to be a farm on either side of the Grande View. That is probably the only problem I keep thinking about, what if it smells, what if we see cows and they accidently get in a picture? ha That wouldn't happen...I'm just saying.


This is the pond, which their adding a water fountain thing to this summer, and then the wooden thing is where I think i would actually want to get married under. They have a gazebo on site but I'm not a big fan of those at all. I think if I just spruce up the feature a little bit with tons of flowers and stuff it could be really pretty.

















This is the pavillion, where I want to eat at. I think it could be really pretty if I string icicle lights from it along with tulle where the posts are and put flowers on it. Thats kind of confusing but I have a beautiful picture in my head. ha We'll see.

But I've contacted the lady at the grande view a couple times through email but everytime I seam to call her she can't call me back. Weird. She gave me the site fee for the day which is $800 but I still need to talk to her about menu prices and stuff. As well as that I would like to have the ceremony and reception outside. She said though that to have the reception outside (in the pavillion) that it would cost extra just beacuse she'd have to move everything outside, which is no big deal I dont mind paying extra but when I got there and saw that the pavillion was literally two feet from the side of the building where the inside reception would be..i was like what thee??? Oh well...I haven' t decided for sure yet or not, that'll come when it gets a lot sooner, depending on the weather I guess. We'll see. First I guess I'd have to book the site huh? Hopefully that will get done next month, she wants five hundred down and then the remainder thirty days later so I'll have to call my poppa for some money :)

No comments: