Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Flowers

Although we don't know who will be designing our flower arrangements for our wedding we do know what type of flowers we want.
The flowers we will be using are lillies, roses, alstroemeria, stephanotis and babys breath.

The Ceremony:
We will have chair arrangements almost exactly like these. All the greenery will be there but lillies and roses will be added.
I love the bouquet below! My Bouquet will have the same fullness and be the same size as that one, only the flowers will change to what we're using. My girls will be about half this size and contain everything but stephanotis. Mine will also have more yellows where as theirs will have more whites.
The Bout's will be either alstroemeria or roses, although I'm aiming more towards the alstroemeria. My grooms will have some stephanotis in it to match mine though :) The mothers corsages and fathers bouts will also either be alstroemeria or roses with stephanotis and the grandparents will be the same minus the stephanotis.
We'll also be lining petals down the aisle runner to add to the day. Since our ceremony is outside I want to bring in as much color as possible.

The Reception:
Since we're having the reception outside in a pavillion I plan on covering the posts that hold it up with tulle and a bouquet of flowers like the picture below. In all we'll need 21 bouquets to do every post but I don't care, this is a MUST have. The cieling is flat in the pavillion though so nothing will go on it :(

Centerpieces are the only thing I'm still undecided about. I basically told the florists they could do whatever they thought looked best for these. They will be full like the picture below but in smaller vases so they're not so high. They will be made up of yellow and green flowers and have very little greenery.

There will also be some arrangements for the memory table, guestbook table, etc. but they will just resemble the centerpieces with some minor changes. In all I'm hoping not to spend more than $2,000 for everything, I can't wait to get our quotes back!

No comments: