Sunday, January 18, 2009

Florists

Another thing we did while we were back was meet with a couple of florists. Out of five florists we've only gotten one quote back so far so we haven't decided on anything yet.

First we met with Sue from Girtons Flowers in Jamestown, Ny. She had some great additions to what I wanted but I'm scared to get her quote back, they seemed kind of like an expensive place. I hope the price is on the lower end though because I really liked her!

Then we met with Anita from CRosiez who is also in Jamestown. She made me nervous because she wanted to design every little thing right then and there. She was more of the business end of the shop so she wanted to get everything right for her designer she said. I hope her quote is super high so I can feel good about eliminating her right away.

Next we met with a woman, whom I forget her name, from Virg-Ann Flower Shop in Warren, PA. She gave us a quote of around $1500 for everything including delivery and set up. I took pictures with me to every shop but hers because I forgot to print an extra set out. I thought her price was kind of cheap so I'm not sure she realizes how full I want my bouquets and centerpieces to be so if I think about going with her I'll have to email her a couple more pictures to make sure the quote is accurate.

We then met with Kim from Alleghany Floral. We eliminated her immediately because she was so whacky. Her phone rang the entire time we were there for our appointment and she kept answering it! She also couldn't remember my name and made me call her twice the day of the appointment to remind her about it! I do not want a woman like that ruining my wedding day.

Lastly we met with Marie from Ring Around A Rosey. This appointment went rather quickly because by the time I got to her I knew exactly what I wanted from meeting with all of the other florists. She seemed very polite and helpful and even put her input in on some color changes I may want to make.

Out of thsoe five I was really only interested in three. Since I've already received one of their quotes back I'm just waiting on two so then we can figure out who we're going to end up going with and put a deposit down. This is the last big vendor we need to book, well unless we end up having a videographer but thats still undecided.

No comments: