Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dress shopping with mom!

Let me just give you a short little history about my mom and I. We dont get along, ever. Most of the time when we're together we fight, its like we're both stubborn and have to get our own ways and we just clash. Well I moved out of her house to live with my dad when I was a young teen so we've never been close. Everytime we're together now its like we both walk on ice trying to be nice to each other, its weird.

She kept trying to try on strapless dresses, something which I said was a no from the beginning. It was like she wanted to be young again, and she's not. In fact, most of the dresses she tried on that she liked (and I didn't) were bridesmaid dresses! I know MOB dresses can be old, but they dont have to be.

Then she tried on this strapless dress that looked almost EXACTLY like the bridesmaid dresses we've narrowed it down too. It was strapless and pulled to the side with some sparkles on it. Even after she put it on and I said it looked way to similar she continued to talk about how she wanted it. Even that night once we were home she kept saying she wanted to go back and get it. I will cry if she does and not let her come to my wedding. ha I didn't post pictures of that one though becuase as I said, its a no.

Anyways, heres the dresses I've narrowed it down to..she only likes 1 of these though. The burgandy spaghetti strap one is the only one she likes out of the four, and its the only one I dont like out of the four! ha Figures huh? I had to include it though because it was the best looking 'young' dress on her. I still think it shows some pudge right in the middle tummy which is mainly why I dont like it, but I also dont like the fact that its spaghetti strap (although I'm willing to deal with it for her).

Which one do you like the best?

15 comments:

cannamoma said...

I like three best

Mai said...

She's beautiful in all.
I like the first one best.

Jennifer said...

I like the third one.

Britlee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Britlee said...

I think the first one looks good one her, but if you don't like it then I vote the third one.

P.S. I deleted my first comment because I accidently typed the wrong choice. oops!

Cierra said...

I like the third one the most.

Kate said...

I like the first and second!

Anonymous said...

I like the second one!

Future Mrs. Patrick said...

I like the second one. It hides the mid section and its trendy but not too trendy. Maybe letting her have a little cleave would make her feel good! The last one is too old for her!

Anonymous said...

I like the third on best. It looks really good on her!

Maureen said...

I like the 2nd one best. I think that the color looks the best on her and the cut of the dress flatters her body.

alissa2128 said...

I really like #3. 1 and 2 are really nice too, #4 makes her look too old.

ameriasian said...

I like the second one.

Anonymous said...

The second one looks the best, for sure.

Virginia Janet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.