Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cake Baker

The day after we arrived we met with a Cindy from Cindy's Let Them Eat Cake. She was very pleasant and actually gave me some great ideas to add to the cake that I hadn't thought of doing. She had quite a variety of flavors for us to try including spice, carrot, lemon, white, chocolate, red velvet and pistachio. I feel like I didn't really "ooooo" over any of the flavors though, even the fillings and frostings weren't that impressive. Her pricing was $660 which included delivery and set up, which I didn't think was bad since I had a budget of $700.

The next lady we were to meet was Linda from Linda Austin's Cakes. I had emailed the month before and set up a meeting for the 23rd. She said I could show up anytime before 5 so I wrote back that it would probably be right around four. We were running late because of the roads that day, she was an hours drive from my house, so I called her and asked if that would be okay. She replied that she closed her shop that day to make deliveries so she couldn't meet at all and asked if I could come the next day. What kind of person doesn't call to cancel their appointments?! I was furious because we had just driven all that way for no reason. Atleast I found out what type of person she was before I hired her for my wedding!

The last lady we met with was Joyce from Cakes by Joyce. She was also nice and had some good ideas, although I pretty much already knew what I wanted. She gave us a box with 6 different HUGE cupcakes in it-some with buttercream and some with fondant-to try. They were absolutely amazing, so moist and delicious. Her price for almost the same exact cake as Cindys was $430 including setup and delivery. As soon as we got in the car we immediately knew who we were going to choose. I sent her a check the next day so we officially have a baker! I'll share the finished product later!

No comments: