Monday, February 23, 2009

Last Vendor = Booked

Some of you may remember my last post about finding a florist. We 'interviewed' five and of those it was sooo easy to choose just one. Two of the five still have not responded with their quote. One of them was a crazy lady who I didn't plan on using anyways so thats okay but the other one was a possibility. I called to see if they had my quote done yet and I was told that the lady I spoke to (who also owned the place) had sold the business. The new owner was supposed to call me within 1-2 weeks with my quote, they still haven't. Needless to say we wont be using them. We also got a quote from CRosiez, but I didn't really care for her and her prices were way to high.

That narrowed it down to two, Girtons and Virg Anne's. Both shops were wonderful and the ladies I met with at each actually owned the place and did the wedding flowers which was a plus. In the end it came down to cost. Girtons was cheaper, although not by much, and they were closer to my venue (I dont want my flowers to dye!) so we're going with them!

My mother in law sent the deposit in and I received an email from then on Tuesday saying they had received it so we're officially booked. This was our last vendor to choose so now we've got everything we'll need for the big day. (I'm thinking I may want a videographer though, but haven't brought that up to my poppa yet so we'll see, If we do then I guess we'll have one more to book).

No comments: