Friday, February 6, 2009

1st Fitting with lots of changes!

I went for my first dress fitting yesterday! I met with Cathrine Hoyt of CH Studios. She was a very nice seamstress that works from her home down in Denver. I first met with this woman from The Wedding Seamstress down in Arvada but athough her price was better she just wasn't the girl for me.

Here is a picture of me in the dress back in November. They didn't have a 6 in at this store so I had to try on the 4 so you can see its a little tight/weird fitting. Either way though you can see I have absolutely no chest :( So the first thing that will go into the dress are bra cups. We put one pair in and it still looked bad, so she tried a second...ha and it still didn't look as good as it should so she recommended I buy those plastic sticy boobs to stick right underneath my real ones to push them up! I'm sooo helpless. Bra cups $20.




I'll also be getting the sides taken in a half inch on each one. I cant fit in the 4 but a 6 is too big..figures. Sides are $55.00

The dress also comes with straps which I have to have removed at $15.00.

One of the good things is that I dont need a hem. Which leads to a bad thing..I had wanted to get these shoes with 4" heels, and I was sooo tempted to buy them yesterday for the fitting. Good thing I waited because if I wear that high of a heal my dress will be too short. I put a pair of 3" heals on with the dress at the fitting yesterday and the dress didn't even touch the ground in the front. It wasn't super noticable but any higher and you'd see a whole gap under my dress ha, not cool. Which sucks because now I have to find another pair of shoes :(

Here is the back of the dress. I love it, but I'm going to love my new corset back even more! As of right now I'm going to go bare back with no privacy panel, but I'll see how it looks at my next fitting and decide if I need one (it might look to scandalous and I dont want to look like a ho at my wedding..ha). The best part-a whole new back to a dress for only $100.00

The last thing my dress needs is a bustle! I've decided to go with a three point under bustle. It begins just right below the beading on the back going and looks gorgous, I can't wait to take a picture of it! 3 point bustle-$30.00

For a total of $220. My next fitting is April 6th. Woot woot, can't wait!

1 comment:

Cierra said...

Awww, Ash! You're gorgeous! I'm so excited. I mss you!