Monday, May 5, 2008

OFFICIALLY booked

Its final! I feel like a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders and that this wedding actually starting to happen! I sent in a check last Thursday to our vendor for our ceremony/reception site for $500 which was the deposit to rent the place for the day. I have to mail one more check in on June 1st for $300 and its paid for! I also mailed my poppa bear the contract for our photographer and he said he would take that to her with the $500 deposit on Thursday! There are two major things out of the way! I also booked our dj about a week or so ago. He only wanted a deposit of $125. There are three major people I have put my deposits down for! The only thing I really need now is a florist and a baker, but I don't plan on getting those booked till around December or so.

I also found a photographer around here that will be doing our engagement photos for us. We're getting them done on June 22nd (I'm pretty sure thats the day). I don't know if I'm too excited for this lady but she was the cheapest-$150. I am excited to get them done though. Then I can start on the save-the-dates. I also have to wait till knottie heatherkj has her own wedding so she can get her FI to start on our wedding website so I can put them on the save-the-dates as well. I've picked out the paper for them and I think I'm going to order it on Friday-payday-YAY! Then I can start designing those on the computer and get them started. Then once I have the picture and website I can make the layout for the magnets. Then I can ship them off, hopefully that will be right around August sometime.

I've been looking into decorations too. I picked up a couple things to decorate the baskets with that I plan on buying to hold the bubbles and birdseed but I still need some other materials. And neither of the unity candle holders I ordered have even been shipped yet so I'm waiting on those as well, hopefully they'll be here this week.

Other than that I have not been doing anything, I have so many ideas that run through my head daily..its starting to get chaotic! ha This past weekend we worked in our yard and laid some grass seed so hopefully we'll get some grass soon. Next weekend we're going to finish laying the hardwood floors that we've been working on for two weekends! Hopefully this will help take my mind off wedding planning a little bit.

No comments: