Saturday, December 13, 2008

Crinoline Inspiration

I decided I needed to search for blue crinolines that other brides had dyed to see their results. I found this picture, which is exactly what I want!



The blue is so bright and perfect! I couldn't find out who this was/where it came from though so I didn't know which shade she used.


I ended up buying a box of royal blue rit dye and testing it out on another washcloth. I then re-dyed the evening blue washcloth with more powder since it originally looked like light baby blue. When the two came out, they looked almost exactly the same. In general, they both looked pretty good. They were both bright blue and there wasn't any tie-dyed spots. I think the color will come out on the crinoline a little different since their different materials but thats okay. Now that I've realized they're both great colors I'm just going to dye it evening blue since I have an extra box of that. I don't know why I was freaking out about this so much! ha


More Inspiration photos:


Unsure who I stole it from-Evening Blue




Knottie tjh186-Royal Blue





Knottie kreeves72-Evening Blue

I plan on dying mine this weekend, I'll let you know how it goes!

2 comments:

Kate said...

I'm excited to see how yours turns out! I want to make mine pink... be sure to blog about how it goes!

ameriasian said...

I love the dyeing the crinoline! If I get one I don't know if I would do it since I'm dyeing my shoes. And RIT is the dye product that I uesd!