Thursday, September 25, 2008

Honeymoon Registry

The honeymoon registry is up and running! I made our registry through Just Together. Theres 18 gifts on there totalling about $3300. I dont expect everyone to buy everything-but they have options. Gifts range from $25-$140 and most are actual activities/entertainment. I only added a couple of dining options and didn't add the airfare of condo rental to it at all. I figured if its our honeymoon we should have to pay to get there and stay ourselves, not rely on guests to do that as well so they'll just be buying us excursions.

I chose Just Together for a couple of reasons though
1-You could pick your own url-I wanted it to match our wedding website url so guests wouldn't be confused so this was ideal for us!
2-You could add your own gifts-customizing prices, pictures, everything=Perfect
3-Its only a 6% fee to use and they don't add this onto the gifts-that way the guests don't have to pay it-they'll just take it out of the total in the end-although that sucks for us but oh well-we're not greedy.

The only thing I didn't like about the site was you could only have your money deposited on the 1st or 3rd Wednesday of the month-I emailed and will be having them deposit money on both dates-the 3rd Wednesday in July and the 1st Wednesday in August-That way those late buyers will be covered. So I guess they worked with me on that-but I would've rather just preferred having the money deposited a day or two before the wedding, but oh well.

No comments: