Thursday, September 11, 2008

Athenaeum Hotel-New Venue?

A possible venue change may be in the near future. When Jerry and I went home last Christmas we saw this hotel right on the water, at the time we didn't know what it was called. Today I learned it was called Athenaeum Hotel.



When we first saw it we were both like DAMNNN it looked really nice and had a HUGE lawn out front so you could rent a tent and have both the ceremony and reception outside, it was perfect. Since we didn't know the name for it-and since it is in the Chataqua Institution which is like a gated community thats only open half a year-it was closed, we couldn't ask anyone about it. I wanted a venue bad so I brushed it off making up excuses why I didn't want to have it there-and continued to book the next best place.

Well today I saw it again-I think its fate. I called the number and left a message, hopefully someone calls me back tomorrow. I have to find out if its still available and their prices. Part of me wants it to be booked so I can just stick with the place we have-because I know if this place is reasonable and available-its mine. mwa ha ha :)

No comments: