Sunday, November 16, 2008

And they're off!

This past week Jerry and I finished all of the Save the Dates. I am so proud of these, it took me forever to tie all of the bows!

The hardest part was the bows. Since the cards were ready to go after I tied the ribbon on them I wanted to put them in the envelopes to store them before I sent them. Unfortunately, doing this caused the bows to smoosh. I had to take them all back out of the envelopes until the day before I was going to send them that way they looked fresh when they arrived in guests hands.





The poem on the front reads:
Our big day is fast approaching
And we can hardly wait,
So put this magnet on your fridge
And be sure to Save the Date!

I was waiting to post about these because some of my guests read my blog so I wanted to wait until they got them. Now that I know most have, here they are!

The magnet is 2 x 4 and I designed it in Microsoft Publisher.
The cardstock is 4 1/2 x 6 1/4.
The envelope is 4 3/4 x 6 1/2 which I ordered from Anchor Paper.
I ordered sheets of magnets from Oriental Trading Co they were like 8 x 11 sheets. I just attatched the sheets of my magnet design that I printed off onto a whole magnet sheet, then cut them using a normal paper cuter I bought from Michaels.
Then I just attached the magnet onto the cardstock with two photo sticker dots.
I bought a custom return address stamp off of ebay and addressed the fronts with a marker that matched from Joanns.



Fi stamping the return address on all of them!

2 comments:

Kari said...

Just curious..how much was your custom stamp??

Ashley said...

it was $15.75 for the stamp and $3.50 for shipping
I went through ebayer lovetocreatestamps
if you chose one of the designs he already has its a couple dollars cheaper as well. He also lets you chose your color I think its blue, green, purple and red?